2021 Any Students learning in 2021?

2021 Any Students learning in 2021?

Of course they are, I study here to make my dreams come true.

yes but im on stckskills which seems to be a court from 2015

1 Like

I had an eye opener. The last few months. I quit my job of 20 Years to try a new path that did not go well. I was job less for the first time in my life. I was blessed to get back with my old company for now, but you never know what the future holds. A very uncomfortable feeling. Anything and everything to do with computers has always been a hobby of mine, but I never really took it seriously. The last few months opened my eyes that if only took my education in cyber security seriously I would have never been in that situation. I am now going to study hard get some certifications and go for my dream job and have that sense of job security.

So this is something I think about a lot.
I have been working for the same employer for almost 20 years.
I do have a job related to IT, but it is not cybersecurity. I have recently obtained a number of certificates, but I still have doubts whether cybersecurity is something for me. As a hobby I love it and you never know what will happen in the future. But at the moment I still have my doubts. you are not just going to put 20 years and nice colleagues aside.

1 Like

I’m sort of in the same boat. I’ve been in IT for 10+ years but mainly Helpdesk and maintaining endpoints and network functionality along with the software they use for accounting and field technicians. I’ve had to get into more enterprise stuff here and there but on a very small scale. Recently I’ve returned to my employer after a couple years off for medical reasons. I’m extremely interested in the field as my educational background is in networking. New management seems to be focusing in this area (at least from an MSP standpoint) so with my personal interests and my companies interest kind of matching up its been a great time to brush up on skills and train for new technologies.