Better Solution for Hide Tracks-Volume 1, Section 11. Security Through Isolation and Compartmentalization

Hi,

I have already finished the volume 1-cyber security and it was amazing!

I am thinking what is the best way for someone who wants to dive into pentesting to hide his/her tracks better.

Specifically, I saw in the volume 1 the solution of Qubes OS with Whonix OS but because it’s difficult for someone to have two separate laptops/pcs with a lot of resources(RAM, CPU), one for personal use(games, unity) and second for pentesting (QubesOS) I have been thinking a second better solution in order to hide the tracks apart from previously mentioned OSs.

-Could be a good solution Windows host OS and inside this host a Kali Linux or Parrot OS as a Virtual Machine through Virtual Box with the help of Whonix gateway VM?

-And If someone has 32gb RAM and 16core-32 Threads (AMD) CPU is it a good solution for hiding tracks to use Qubes OS via USB or it will be difficult to set up?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards
mararma

Hi,

Dive into pentesting to hide your tracks?

I would advise to do either one of them at a time: Pentest or anonymity.

Pentesting in its very nature can be very noisy, so if anonymity is a concern I would recommend adding pentest tools to an “anonymous” OS(Qubes, Tails, Whonix)

Read this comparison:

The USB would work, it wont offer the same speeds as being directly accessible on the motherboard’s bus but that is an acceptable tradeoff for most people.

Hope this helps!