Canary tokens Problem

Hello , no one canary tokens working :frowning: pdf word or etc
i tried 3 other mail services but nothing, url also had problem when you chaning url etc: domain/etc/p.jpeg to password.zip or etc url valid but no notification

If your token isn’t triggering, it can be several reasons.

First, try a webug token. Generate a token. It’s the top option. Its a URL token. If this doesn’t work, the possible reasons are;

•	The alert email has gone to your spam folder
•	You have an email issue 
•	There is a problem with my server.
•	Something else.

Let me know if the webug doesn’t work.

Other servers to try are
https://whiteclouddrive.com/generate
https://blueclouddrive.com/generate

As stated in the lecture, the tokens don’t work on all versions of every application, configurations and OS. So for example, the PDF token will only work on Adobe and the Word token will only work on Word. Some versions of Word and Adobe may also not work depending on your version and configuration. Try this server to see if you have better luck Canarytokens

If your tokens did work and then stopped working. This could be a caching issue. This means your tokens will still work on another machine. Or if you want to test on your own machine, clear your caches. Try clearing your browser cache and DNS cache. How you do this depends on your browser and OS. So google for the answer. Or just try on another machine.

The tokens aren’t perfect, but as a minimum, the webug should always work.

1 Like

I tried the webug token using an AOL email with Thunderbird with MacOS, but the token didn’t trigger like in your example. I did receive the email in my inbox and Thunderbird defaulted to blocking the content, so I had to select the the Show this Content button.

Could the Thunderbird or AOL be blocking the pixel which is why it does trigger? However, that still doesn’t explain why the token is not triggered when clicking the link directly like in your example.

Update: It looks like I received the token notification emails in my spam folder. Not sure why they didn’t show up during the test, but the triggers emails work exactly as advertised (got the notifications during the setup and once they were triggered). Thanks for your help on this one, @NathanHouse!