Gaining Access - Server Side Attacks "PING"

Hi,

When i use “ping” through terminal some IPs return the below messages. Why does this happend?

Resolving failed
Error 22
2022-01-20 11:59:58 UTC
What happened?
The proxy failed to resolve site from host name, if this site was recently added please allow a few minutes before trying again.
Your IP: 185.199.103.219
Proxy IP: 45.60.46.218 (ID 101349-100)

Thank you in advance

Regards

It happens because many websites do block ICMP protocol (the protocol that ping uses) so that people can’t scan it. Another reason maybe that the IP is down. Some other issues maybe permission issues on your system or firewall restrictions not allowing you to do ping. Read this for better understanding - How to Resolve the "Temporary failure in name resolution" Error

Thanks for your answer.

I can ping websited through termina; (respond) but some for some of them when i try to reached with ip address i recieve the following message. Why does this happend?

Error 1003 Ray ID: 6d136a7cfc50f011 • 2022-01-21 20:50:38 UTC
Direct IP access not allowed
What happened?

You’ve requested an IP address that is part of the Cloudflare network. A valid Host header must be supplied to reach the desired website.
What can I do?

If you are interested in learning more about Cloudflare, please visit our website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 6d136a7cfc50f011 • Your IP: 185.199.103.152 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

Thank you in advance

Regards

First: It just depends on how big the wesite is, but they maybe use this.
(so then you won’t see the real ip of the server)
Cloudflare can also take care of this

Second , Cloudflare is completely designed to prevent what you’re trying to do.
check cloudflare ddos protection.
If you really want to learn more about this, you should read through Cloudflare’s documentation. (This is a study in itself)

1 Like

Thank you very much Edwin!