Hashcat--Installig OpenCL Intel GPU Drivers--Networking Hacking Continued--Intermediate to Advanced Course

I’m trying to get started with hashcat on my Kali machine. My machine is up to date. I’m just trying to figure out to how to install the GPU drivers from Intel.

I went to hashcat.net/hashcat and the GPU requirements are:

AMD GPUs on Linux require "RadeonOpenCompute (ROCm)" Software Platform (1.6.180 or later)
AMD GPUs on Windows require "AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition" (15.12 or later)
Intel CPUs require "OpenCL Runtime for Intel Core and Intel Xeon Processors" (16.1.1 or later)
Intel GPUs on Linux require "OpenCL 2.0 GPU Driver Package for Linux" (2.0 or later)
Intel GPUs on Windows require "OpenCL Driver for Intel Iris and Intel HD Graphics"
NVIDIA GPUs require "NVIDIA Driver" (367.x or later)

According to my system preferences, I have a 64 bit Intel Haswell Mobile graphics processor with an Intel i7-4700MQ CPU

Since I have an Intel GPU, I googled the third option:

Intel GPUs on Linux require "OpenCL 2.0 GPU Driver Package for Linux" (2.0 or later)

I went to intel’s website here for the drivers.

I downloaded the 64 bit driver for linux zip and extracted it into my downloads file. That’s where I’m stuck at the moment. I saw there were some scripts to automate the installation and downloading of the drivers here. I tried thoe commands but for some reason they didn’t work.

There were some tar files and RPm files from the zip and I tried extracting those as well.

I thought everything was setup ok. So I went to hashcat and ran the code that was on the video:

hashcat.64.exe -m 2500 -d 1 [ insert handshake file here] [ insert wordlist file here]

it said that there wasn’t a device available. So I ran the code, again from the video, to see which devices were available for cracking:

hashcat.64.exe -I

The file did’t exist so I looked at the binaries I had downloaded for hashcat and the file name was hashcat64.exe. I changed it in the code but got the same output that there wasn’t a device to use for cracking.

I’m not sure if it’s because I haven’t finished setting up the binaries, drivers, or if there is something wrote with my system GPU.

Any advice would be helpful.

Hello Codyjacks,

You should try to use Hashcat on a Windows OS instead of Kali Linux.

Hashcat was built on Windows OS, and you need a main machine for this to work, because if Windows is a VM, it will not have access to the Graphics Card.

Let me know if you need anything else,

Thank you!

I’m not using Kali as a VM. I have a dedicated computer running Kali. Hashcat comes pre-installed on Kali Linux so I have the right version of it (Linux). I just need to get the GPU driver installed. That is all.

Hello @jinwei3000 thank myproblem solved at BeeLogger just dropping by and say thank you :smiley:

Awesome, thanks for posting the solution, really great to know that it worked for you, sweet. I’m glad I now know the answer to an identical problem I’m having on parrot os. Seriously though, any insight into what worked for you?