Interested to know the basic features of Cyber Security

Hello friends,

I maintain this tech website around 2018 and its running well onwards. A fatal issue has happened with my website that is hacked. Then had to change the server completely. And finally we recovered the issue and it took about a month and a half to fix.

I had a question about if I face this similar kind of problem again, what I need to do without changing the server. If I go with Cyber Security, what kind of advantage may I get. Can share here someone, the basic features of Cyber Security? Thank you

First my compliments the website looks neat. But I don’t quite understand your question. If you have the website on premise, I would look at a Next Generation Firewall and at virtual machines. I see you are already using some sort of cloud proxy. (so that’s good). If you run the website at a web hosting company, I can only advise you to keep your Wordpress up to date and don’t forget your plugins!. If you’re really looking for cybersecurity for your website, check out web application testing. Web Application Testing: 8 Step Guide to Website Testing

Cybersecurity is very broad, so ultimately you have to make a choice which direction you want to go.
But this is a small list that you can find on google.

The eight most basic elements of a strong cybersecurity posture are:

• Asset Management & Identification.
  • Risk Management.
  • Access Management.
  • Threat Management.
  • Security Controls.
  • Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity.
  • Incident Management.
  • Security Education, Training, and Awareness.

I hope this is of some use to you.
Again I didn’t understand if the question was just about your website or about cybersecurity in general.

3 Likes

Hi Edwin, thank you for sharing this. Actually, my question was, how Cyber Security is helpful to save a hacking website?

Cybersecurity is about doing everything so that your website is not hacked. (but you can never rule it out completely). But the more you know about cybersecurity, the less likely you are to be hacked again. Developers are often in a hurry to finish an application. That is why it is important to do a web application test (this is also part of cybersecurity). Developers are people too and they sometimes forget very small things that have major consequences. (and it is often very easy to fix)

thanks for the awesome information.

Cybersecurity is critical to business and involves the protection of IT systems and data from cyber threats such as computer-assisted fraud, espionage, sabotage or vandalism.

And, yes if you go with cybersecurity so it is nothing to be wrong there are much benefit to protect data with cybersecurity:-

1. Protect networks and data from unauthorized access
  2. Improved information security and business continuity management
  3. Improved stakeholder confidence in your information security arrangements
  4. Improved company credentials with the correct security controls in place
  5. Faster recovery times in the event of a breach

Here is a company named X-PHY which provides high level cyber security. You can go there and you’ve got all kinds of information there.

1 Like

thanks for the awesome information.