Jason Dion's Security+ for 501 or 601?

I am currently studying for the Security+ exam, and watched all of Jason Dion’s videos and am in the process of taking the practice tests. I have noticed that in his study notes, he has 501 and 601 study guides. He also has some videos which have stars and I wasn’t sure what they meant. Looking back on my notes and his 501 notes, I notice that the videos that have stars aren’t in his 501 study notes, but are in the 601.

So just looking for some advice. For anyone who has taken his course on StationX, did you attempt the Security+ 501 or 601 exam? At this point I am just realizing that I’m technically studying for both. What are your recommendations?

I am taking 601 and have gone through his videos. ** are for 601 objectives. So essentially if you’re preparing for 601, you also have to get through 501. If I’m not mistaken, 601 covers about a quarter more than 501. I don’t really mind as we’re learning more.

1 Like

But I also used Jason’s course on Udemy
And Professor Messer’s study material on YouTube + course notes and shit loads practice exams.

3 Likes

Thanks for the input. I think I’ll just power through for the 601.

1 Like

Sheesh!!! Now that I’ve watched this, I’m thinking about going off on the 601. This made me a bit more conflicted lol. Guess I’ll study for 601.

1 Like

Didn’t see this video. An eye opener. Glad taking 601.

1 Like