Journey to Cyber Security

Hi! I’ve been studying Cyber Security for several months now. I purchased The Complete Cyber Security Courses and Ethical Hacking Course on StationX. I haven’t finished all the courses yet since I also study different courses such as CCNA - Security, Comptia Sec+ and Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) and recently Python Programming. My eagerness to learn and improve myself landed me some humble certifications such as CCNA R&S and CCNA - Security. I have plans to take more certifications in the future such as CCNP - Security, Comptia Sec+, CEH and others related to security. I haven’t landed a job yet but I’m planning to apply for a job at a Anti-Virus / Security Company with a position of Threat Response Engineer or Network Security Engineer. The Carrer Guide to Cyber Security really helped me alot and shared it to some of my friends. I just want to ask if I’m on the right track or Am I spreading myself too much and not being good at a certain field of security.

1 Like

Have short-term goals and long-term objectives. Aim to study the courses you want to do for a job and don’t waste time learning things you don’t need to know for that job.

2 Likes

Thanks Nathan, I can see a bit of research is required here to plan what courses I need to do, but one problem I have atm is what sort of job do I want to do. There’s so many different jobs within the Cyber Security world and some require different qualifications and experience. I can see it’s going to be a busy weekend.

Check out the job boards too!

Thanks Nathan, yes definitely the job boards.

Actually I think at the moment because cyber covers such a array of different paths and trying to decide which job to do can be a challenge for someone moving into the cyber world, identifying what jobs cover which parts of cyber and identifying what qualifications are required for this jobs by reading the essential qualifications on the job boards would be a good way ahead. I feel a busy couple of weeks researching and making a spreadsheet is required to work some things out. :slight_smile:

1 Like