New Zealand is latest country to bar Huawei

I’m only 1/3 of the way through Vol 1 of the Cyber security course but this brought to mind the lecture on mass surveillance (Section 3).
How much worse is China than other countries at spying on other nation states? And how will governments ensure that they protect against threats from other countries if there isn’t the expertise to design and manufacture equipment in-country?
Regards
Georgie

How much worse is China than other countries at spying on other nation states?
best way I can answer this since I cant give a specific answer is to read this book: @War The Rise Of Cyber Warfare
Its very very good and gives you a good background of Mass surveillance, What are Zero-day weapons and what have companies done about these issues - If i recall correctly, at the time this book was written, he said that the US was holding over 3000 Z-day exploits against China alone and several companies have teamed up to expose what china was doing

And how will governments ensure that they protect against threats from other countries if there isn’t the expertise to design and manufacture equipment in-country

:grinning: