No module named matplotlib.pyplot

Hi, I have tried to run the knockpy command different times, tried many things out that stackoverflow and other websites have suggested but sadly, to no avail. I run the “git clone htts://github.com/guelfoweb/knock.git” and then “cd knock/knockpy/” and finally the “python knockpy.py isecur1ty.org” but get the “ImportError: No module named matplotlib.pyplot”. Googled this and ran the “pip install matplotlib command” but then I get the “ImportError: No module named _tkinter, please install the python-tk package” error. I tried installing python3 but nothing. What do I do from here? Sorry if I missed something big, if that’s the case, let me know and I’ll be happy to reply with necessary info

1 Like

Did you run pip install -r requirements.txt to install the required libraries? I tried cloning and installing as stated in the steps on the Github page. My python version is 3.8.3. It runs fine with no errors.

Hi, thanks for the reply! On a completely untouched machine (kali), I ran the python3 --version command and got 3.9.1+. After that I ran the install command for knock. It installed successfully from what I can tell. Then I ran the command you mentioned “pip install -r requirements.txt” and also pip install requirements.txt" just in case but both times to no avail as it said “No such file or directory”. Did I do something wrong? [Edit: Just went on the knock website and ran the “pip3 install requirements.txt” and it installed I think successfully but I still have the matplotlib.pyplot issue ] [Edit 2: Turns out I did the command that Zaid told me to do but it was supposed to be "knockpy "]