Pwn Lab VM Enumeration and Exploitation 20

Hands on Penetration Testing Labs 2.0,lecture "pen VM Enumeration and Exploration, , when following topic on BurpSuite, I followed lecture info and used 127.0.0.1 as loop back address , followed rest of lesson up to time 10:41, but did not get same results, when clicking on forward it did not bring up the pwnlab web page as shown in time frame 10:44, what am I doing wrong any help appreciated, SMJ41

@smj41, not much information here for me to determine what went wrong exactly. So you’re saying that burp suite IS proxying the traffic, but you aren’t able to access Pwnlab’s web page. Did you verify that you can get to it without burp suite running?

If I close burp suite and then go to firefox and enter the ip address for Pwnlab this is what I get, also when I try to follow the instructions prior to this question, it does not show the same as you info on the interception

The proxy server is refusing connections

Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.
Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working.

@smj41,

You either don’t have burp suite running (required to connect with proxy active), or the port number is not consistent between burp suite and firefox’s configuration. Follow these instructions very carefully and confirm everything is correct.

All settings in the “Configuring Firefox to work with Burp” are as shown, this is what I get when I try and run the info in on the “intercept” part of the lesson.

GET /success.txt HTTP/1.1
Host: detectportal.firefox.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
Accept: /
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Cache-Control: no-cache
Pragma: no-cache
Connection: close

That’s something firefox does by default every so often. Captive portal. It has nothing to do with your connection to Pwnlab. You can disable it by performing the following - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1157121

Followed all steps in reseting firefox info as you sent, but then restarted burp and this is what I got on the intercept and also when clicking the “forward” and per lesson just got blank page

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.19.11
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,/;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Connection: close
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1

when I enter Pwn ip address in firefox with burp shut down this is what I get

The proxy server is refusing connections

Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections.

Check the proxy settings to make sure that they are correct.
Contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working.

@smj41,

It looks like the issue lies in Pwnlab itself. It’s extremely hard to pinpoint the issue without seeing exactly what you’re doing. My next step would be to reinstall Pwnlab and Kali Linux (newest version) to rule out corruption in either VM.

I will give both of them a try, thank for all your assistance, let you know after I do what you suggested.

Thought I would let you know that somehow I got all to work in lesson {lecture} 6 and am going to move on, not sure what I did different this time but it worked, thanks for all you input and assistance.