Resource Link showed warning message (Volume 2)

In Volume 2 Networking: Section 4 Video 15,
A website link is provided for a Reverse Shell Cheat Sheet which directs you to a website by Pentestmonkey. When clicking on this link using Firefox Browser, I receive a warning that states:

The site ahead may contain harmful programs

Firefox blocked this page because it might try to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).

I navigated to the site because I trusted it since Nathan had the page pulled up in the video but should I be concerned about it since it displayed that message prior to viewing the website? Should it be removed from the resource links provided below the video?

Thanks and hope this may help someone in the future :slight_smile:

That site contains several hacking scripts and tools. This is why any browser will detect it and give warning.

1 Like

Oh okay! So it’s safe to visit and view? Just considered unsafe because of its intentions?

If you don’t trust it, why not open it with a VM?

I can, and will from here forward. I just don’t want others that are taking the course to possibly be exposed by visiting a possibly malicious site provided in the resources. I wish to keep the StationX Learning Environment safe where possible

Yes, the site is safe. The error is just because of the outdated SSL certificate. Also, the website is not updated for a long time. Station X is focussed on security courses, and one should know which site to open and is safe or not. Although all the sites in the resources are safe, as Edwin said, if you think it is not, then open it in VM and test it.

1 Like

Thank you for looking into it :slight_smile: