Security importance in workplaces

Hi, are organisations willing to invest in security professionals so that they can protect their privacy?

Can I apply what I learn in your course for my self and can I work as a security professional in a company of my choosing based on the knowledge i acquired?

Yes absolutely organizations are willing to invest in security professionals. I have seen various numbers but;
http://cybersecurityventures.com/cybersecurity-market-report/

Security budgets and spending are on the rise, with much of that spending going toward in-house skills to support application security, intelligence and analytics, and data security, among other functions, according to a new SANS survey on IT security spending trends. The survey, conducted online in the fourth quarter of 2015, revealed that, in general, both IT and security budgets for financial services (including banking and insurance), technology providers, government, education and health care are on the rise. Training and staffing are also the top spending areas predicted for 2016 budgets. Check out the SANS report on budget trends.

Yes absolutely organizations are willing to invest in security professionals. I have seen various numbers but; Cybersecurity Ventures projects $1 trillion will be spent globally on cybersecurity from 2017 to 2021.

Security budgets and spending are on the rise, with much of that spending going toward in-house skills to support application security, intelligence and analytics, and data security, among other functions, according to a new SANS survey on IT security spending trends. The survey, conducted online in the fourth quarter of 2015, revealed that, in general, both IT and security budgets for financial services (including banking and insurance), technology providers, government, education and health care are on the rise. Training and staffing are also the top spending areas predicted for 2016 budgets. Check out the SANS report on budget trends.

Yes what you learn on the course can be applied to yourself. This is actually the main focus of the course. From the course description;

" This course is designed for personal and home Internet security, privacy and anonymity. Most of the topics apply in the same way to a business, but the course is delivered as if to an individual for personal Internet security, privacy and anonymity."

There are 100s of different types of cyber security jobs. I recommend you look at the job boards in your respective country and look at what knowledge, skills and experience they are looking for. Experience is very important too which no course can give you.Here is an example is snapshot of the UK market.

Barclay Simpson has some great reports of the various security domains covering the current security trends and salaries. This is UK focused but the trends apply globally.

Internal and Computer Audit
Risk Management
Compliance
Security & Resilience
Legal

Hope this helps

Nathan