Server_2019

Hello Prof K

I have reached lesson 12.Step 5: Promote Server Core to a Domain Controller (14:10) , and time stamp 6.07 in your traning video.

I am stuck at time stamp 6.11. When I type the password, I cannot see anything being typed in to that black background. Secondly in a view to get mixed up with passwprds, I am using a password; P@ssw0rd. In a view to test my password I logged off from Server 2019 and logged on. The passowrd I am using is successful.

For your easy refrence I am attaching two screen shots.

I would apprrecate your kind / technical help. VIZ; Where can I verify my P@ssw0rd and confirm that I have done things precisely so far.

The password is getting typed. It’s just hidden. This is just a feature of terminals.

Good day to you Apurv,

Thank you for that. I shall try again. (It was was several attempts I truned to Prof K/ StationX for assistance).

By the was how do I check, if I have NOT misconfigured anything, up to this point? In other words, how will I know what I have configured so far is correct?

Last but not the least, why is Prof K not responding? After all he is the authour of the course!?

If you misconfigured anything something will break while running the services. You have to check the logs if you get some errors or not. If everything is going as expected then you are good.

Thank you Apurv.

Up to that point I did not face any issues.

Will you kindly advise how to reverse the exercise I have done and re-configure?

Or is there a Power Shell Command to check, kind of a report I can obtain to check the errors?

Apoloiges, I have no clue on Logs.

I would apptreciate your kind and technical advise.

By the way, why isn’t the author/ instructor of the 2019 does not answer?

A good starting point of logging is this - Windows Logging Basics - The Ultimate Guide To Logging. You will understand everything about logging from this.

I am here to answer all your questions.

Good day to you Apurv,

I did write an e-mail to Nathen which is as follows’

Here is the link; Server_2019

Please disregard the Oracle VM questions. I have now installed in real hardware. I have shared the Screen shot I did provide on May 11th, 2019. The instructor shows of his web site and he demonstrates how to configure, A, B, C, which I was finding a bit “garbled” and might I say the instructions were not quite clear to follow. I did replay few times.

Secondly, does the course cover Logs and how to trouble find/shoot logs? Perhaps in Part II?

To which Nathan replied;

Sent: Friday, June 18, 2021 5:42 PM
Subject: Laptop

Our senior trainer Apurv has answered your questions. We have full-time staff to answer all questions much quicker than the instructor.

Nathan

Were you responding to my Lapto or Windows 2019

Sorry I didn’t get your question. Are you asking if the course covers logs in detail in Part II, then the answer is no. Logging is a topic that can be in itself an entire course. So, no one explains logs in detail in these types of courses. The link I shared with you is a good starting point. Once you finish that, there are other good articles on the Internet that you can go through,

Thank you Apurv,

I think we have a miscommuncation here. I wrote an e-mail to Nathan;

Hello Nathan,

Appreciate that.

Here is the link; Server_2019

Please disregard the Oracle VM questions. I have now installed in real hardware. I have shared the Screen shot I did provide on May 11th, 2019. The instructor shows of his web site and he demonstrates how to configure, A, B, C, which I was finding a bit “garbled” and might I say the instructions were not quite clear to follow. I did replay few times.

Secondly, does the course cover Logs and how to trouble find/shoot logs? Perhaps in Part II?

To which Nathan responded;

Our senior trainer Apurv has answered your questions. We have full-time staff to answer all questions much quicker than the instructor.

Having said that, on behalf of the Instructor you did reply, in other words pointing to “Logs”

To date I am stck at Server_2019

Hence I ask, (A) How to revise what I have done vis PowerShell (B) Using PowerShell how I can see what specific command had gone wrong? © I could not quite very understand the WWW. the instructor demonstrated and then did something ele?

It would be easy if the Insturctor has shown the GUI way and the PowerShell way?

I have spent too much time on this matter. Or else I must let go of this particular 2019 as the Instructor is not respomding at all!

Kindly advise.

Nathan

contact@stationx.net

A. You can read this article to do the same thing using powershell. https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000121955/installing-active-directory-domain-services-and-promoting-the-server-to-a-domain-controller

B. You will get an error if you write any command wrong in the powershell. Also, if you do anything wrong, your server will never become a domain controller that you can see in the dashboard itself