Unable to rebook Linux in VirtualBox

I have attempted dozens of times to install many forms of Linux on my VirtualBox on Windows 10. The Vb seems to be ok but nothing Linux in any form will stay bootable.
Story: if I download as per instruction, verbatim, as I have done this many times now. I can get vb to work fine. But nothing Linux will work if I shut down for the night and attempt to bring it back up.
Details:
Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Kali 2020 x64 Customized by zSecurity .

Failed to load R0 module C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox/VMMR0.r0: SUP_IOCTL_LDR_OPEN failed (VERR_LDR_GENERAL_FAILURE).

Failed to load VMMR0.r0 (VERR_LDR_GENERAL_FAILURE).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

If you haven’t already, try disabling any anti-virus software you have running to see if that makes a difference. It’s possible SecureBoot could cause issues for VirtualBox, too, if it’s enabled.

You could also have a look at the discussion in this thread, since they had a similar problem:

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82277

The thread was started a few years ago, but it’s still active because people have had luck fiddling with the boot order. The devs don’t know why it happens, though.